You are an experienced quality professional within the pipeline industry, who will be responsible for ensuring project quality standards are met while working collaboratively with operations staff. You are an individual who thrives on working alone, often with minimal guidance, who also enjoys providing technical support when needed.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Manage and maximize the use of project quality resources to effectively deliver projects on time and on budget
- Monitor and analyze the result of weld and coating repair rates, QA/QC field inspections, and respond to client compliance issues
- Proactively identify mitigation and corrective measures to quality compliance issues, reduce repair rates, and rectify any resulting trends
- Develop training packages for roll out to project teams to ensure full understanding and requirements of the QC Management Systems including Quality Management Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, etc.
- Assist in development and support of the quality related key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee field quality related Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) and Corrective Action Requests (CARs) investigations with consistent use of root cause analysis. Escalate reports as required
- Implement, coordinate, and maintain Ledcor systems and procedures in accordance with project specifications
- Manage all field copies of As Built Documentation, Permits and Close out packages for each route segment being constructed and ensure that these files are forwarded to the Project Management team on a regular basis from the contractor
- May perform other duties as required
- 4+ years experience as well as CSA 178.2 Certification CWB Level II
- In depth technical experience and knowledge in welding, pipeline coating, and non-destructive testing (both radiography and ultrasonic)
- Ability to read and understand relevant construction documents including drawings, specifications, procedures and codes of practice.
- Detailed technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements, modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to explain difficult information clearly and influence others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
Sep 7, 2019
., Valemount, BC, Canada