You are an experienced QA/QC Manager within the pipeline industry, who takes pride in ensuring project quality standards are met while working collaboratively with operations staff. You are an individual who thrives on working alone, often with minimal guidance, who also enjoys providing technical support when needed.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Manage and maximize the use of project quality resources to effectively deliver projects on time and on budget
- Implement, coordinate, and maintain Ledcor systems and procedures in accordance with project specifications
- Provide corporate leadership, mentorship, and direction to all project quality control personnel
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of results of weld and coating repair rates, QA/QC field inspections, and responses to client compliance issues
- Proactively identify mitigation and corrective measures to quality compliance issues, reduce repair rates, and rectify any resulting trends
- Develop training packages for roll out to project teams to ensure full understanding and requirements of the QC Management Systems including Quality Management Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, etc.
- Assist in development and support of the quality related key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee field quality related Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) investigations with consistent use of root cause analysis. Escalate reports as required
- Develop and maintain a QA/QC knowledge bank to suit the requirements of the Company e.g. up to date specifications and codes, library of weld procedures, etc.
- Compile and communicate appropriate lessons learned and good practices from the Project to ensure continuous improvement across the business
- May perform other duties as required
- 15+ years experience with 5+ years in a leadership role
- CSA 178.2 Certification CWB Level II or industry equivalent
- Completion of post-secondary education with a related diploma, degree or trade certificate
- In depth technical experience and knowledge in welding, pipeline coating, and non-destructive testing (both radiography and ultrasonic)
- Ability to read and understand relevant construction documents including drawings, specifications, procedures and codes of practice.
- Detailed technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements, modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to explain difficult information clearly and influence others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
Sep 7, 2019
., Valemount, BC, Canada