You are an experienced Project Accountant. Reporting to the Project Controller, you will be responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end reporting. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. This role may include staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and performance reviews.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Provide reporting and information to project management & operations as required
- Supports the project management team in completing monthly cost and profitability reporting, including monthly accrual entry.
- Project specific reporting and analysis for internal and external clients
- In depth understanding of contract requirements for billing
- Developing client relationships with equivalent peer group/contacts
- Coordinates the accounts receivable functions including the timely and accurate submittal of LEMs, Electronic Daily Billing and invoicing
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to project management.
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations and records of employment through electronic HR System
- Ensures daily timesheets are collected and processed timely and accurately
- Review Accounts Payable to ensure accurate cost coding and compliance to purchase order
- Tracks subcontractor commitments and enters progress payments including payment to the subcontractor; ensures compliance to contractual terms.
- Supports equipment and fixed asset cost tracking, entry and reconciliation.
- Prepares and enters Journal Entries into financial ERP system
- Managing the day-to-day activities and development of the onsite accounting team, as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Shift based remote worksite.
- Remote worksite rotational shift - 14/7 or 10/4 schedule typical. Travel and accommodations/LOA provided.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required.
- Willingness to relocate would be an asset.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 30, 2019
1105 Pettigrew Avenue East, Regina, SK, Canada