You are an experienced Dispatcher or Flight Planner who is dedicated to building your career in the aviation industry. Working with the dynamic Flight Operations team, you will oversee the flight planning of Summit Air cargo aircraft operating under Type C dispatch regulations, ensuring that all aspects of the flights are in accordance with company procedures.
Join the Summit Air in Yellowknife, NT as we continue to expand our charter operations in Alberta and the North!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs the pre-flight duties by reviewing routing, airport suitability, NOTAMs, regulatory restrictions, weather, etc to ensure the flight may be performed safely and as scheduled.
- Reviews the planned flight with the Captain to ensure suitability
- Assesses weather reports and informing the pilot of any hazards
- Makes checks on aircraft maintenance status and issues
- Reviews aircraft weight, fuel loads and cargo loads and applies them to the flight plan
- General duties to ensure the aircraft is safe and ready to fly from a flight planning perspective
- Coordinates with OCC regarding client requirements, routing, delays, and any further updates required
- Reports to air traffic control and airport staff about departure times, and after departure, providing reports on aircraft status and predicted arrival times.
- Prepares the Operational Flight Plan (OFP) for each leg of the planned flight prior to the flight crews arrival. Once the flight crew arrives the OFP is reviewed with the captain and the dispatcher to ensure all considerations have been addressed, and the flight is good to proceed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You will need to be decisive as flight dispatchers must make many rapid decisions concerning safety, flight regulations, and the economy of operations.
- As day-to-day tasks rely heavily on computer software systems, calculators, weather charts, and loading reports, competence with technology is very important.
- Good analytical skills are important to help with the interpretation of information and applying this to flight plans.
- You will need to work closely with other flight dispatchers, pilots, OCC staff, so the ability to work well in a team is very important.
- This is a high-pressure role which is responsible for the safety of aircraft and passengers so the ability to concentrate for long periods of time is essential.
- As you will be coordinating with OCC, other dispatchers, and flight crew you will need excellent communication skills to make sure you are clearly understood.
- Must have a detailed and in-depth knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations, Aviation Weather analysis, aircraft performance, aircraft systems knowledge, and logistical understanding of a day to day flight.
- Must be willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT
- Shift work will be required
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Oct 22, 2019
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada