You are a Senior Buyer who's key responsibilities are the ethical and timely procurement of materials, equipment and services at the best terms and overall value to Ledcor and/or its clients. You are a team mentor and demonstrate robust commercial and commodity knowledge. You will lead initiatives to cultivate relationships with vendors and key project stakeholders such as Project Managers, Superintendents, Project Controls, Warehouse and Accounting. You will be responsible for the competitive procurement of materials, equipment and general services as required by the project. Sub-contracts preparation or support may also be performed. In addition, you will contribute to the overall Procurement Strategy and assist in the development of junior members and provide commercial guidance for peers
Come join our True Blue team in Edmonton!
- Ensures that all purchase commitments issued for the project adhere to the policies and procedures of Ledcor and/or its clients and follow sound and ethical practices, and guides others to do the same.
- Adheres to the Procurement process, technical specification and industry standards for all purchases.
- Completion of inquiry/bid phases and submittal of purchase recommendations and requests for expenditure documents in accordance with Project Controls and Client requirements.
- Sub-Contract coordination / administration (as required)
- Expedites materials as required in conjunction with Project Material Controls teams.
- Researches and identifies new suppliers to ensure quality, capacity, value and terms are advantageous for the project
- Maintains relationships with existing vendors to ensure that they are committed to supporting our long-term project needs; and pursues new and advantageous vendor relationships
- Liaises routinely with project personnel to ensure project requirements are met in regards to the service, quality and timeliness of materials, equipment and services provided.
- Works closely with accounting and warehouse receiving to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices occurs against a three way match.
- Supports the estimating department in regards to pricing of materials, equipment and services.
- Provides mentorship within the Constructors Procurement team
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 8+ years of proven procurement experience in a similar industry
- Sub-Contract Management experience
- SCMP designation or other relevant post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
- Commodity expertise particular to piping, electrical and instrumentation; general heavy industry
- Industrial construction experience would be an asset
- Strength in the commercial and ethical aspects of Procurement and Sub-Contracts
- Experience in Procurement / Materials Management systems (SmartPlant Materials and or JD Edwards experience an asset)
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Aptitude for anticipating delays that would affect the project
- Capable of processing large volumes of paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Able to project a friendly, open manner and communicate well with management, co-workers, internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and practices continuous improvement
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and analytical
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
- Ability to motivate and engage others
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 22, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada