As the Equipment Maintenance Foreperson, you will act as first line supervisor, responsible for direct supervision of maintenance employees and maintenance of equipment to meet production and safety requirements.
- Ensure full understanding and compliance of Ledcor’s HSE Policies and Procedures, as Ledcor is committed to always operating in a safe manner achievement of a target of zero accidents or incidents is expected
- Communicate and delegate the expectations of responsibilities to each individual in the crew
- Manage all direct reports; handles all disciplinary actions as required; familiar with the relevant collective agreement in use for the project for all hourly employees
- Direct and control crew and equipment maintenance in a Oil & Gas environment to achieve the highest levels of efficiency and productivity while ensuring safety of personnel and care of equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate with the other foreman and site personnel to ensure equipment maintained and serviced to not disrupt operations
- Conduct frequent inspections to identify any unsafe work practices and proper maintenance procedures followed and takes prompt corrective action when required
- Conduct incident investigations and, in line with appropriate policy, develops reports and institutes corrective actions
- Ensure all administrative data for equipment maintenance is generated accurately and in a timely manner; including all equipment and personnel time sheets and log books as well as daily diaries and work orders as required
- 8–10 years of experience with heavy equipment
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman certificate or post-secondary education in a related field
- Proven safety record
- Good understanding of the maintenance and troubleshooting of a variety of heavy equipment
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills
- Leadership qualities and a good motivator
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Candidates local to Ft. McMurray will be given preference due to the location of work
- Shift work of 10/4 or 14/7
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast—as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now
Jan 17, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada