You are an experienced Carpenter Foreman with commercial construction expertise. You have experience leading a large crew, preparing on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, and enforcing safety regulations.
Join the Ledcor Building Construction Group in Vancouver and across the lower mainland!
- Demonstrate leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor’s health, safety, and environmental standards daily
- Ability to lead a team effectively in the day to day execution of work, while managing resources, equipment, and labour
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Understands basic commercial concrete forming including engineered forming systems and general commercial construction practices to lead crews and accurately build concrete forms, scaffolding, shelters, and other structures
- Works with the team to ensure tasks are completed safely, correctly, and on schedule
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb, and the right size, shape, and location
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the project schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Minimum of 5 years’ related project experience
- Must have a Journeyperson Carpenter ticket from a recognized training authority
- Non-ticketed Carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial carpentry trade
- Experience in high rise construction and institutional/commercial construction
- Must have previous supervisory experience on commercial construction projects
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Typical 5 days a week, 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Work will primarily be outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
- Group BC medical coverage and matching retirement savings plan
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 26, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada