You are an experienced dispatcher or marine professional looking to build your career in the role of Marine Dispatcher. In this position, you will collaborate with the dispatch team in the delivery of safe and effective daily scheduling and planning of company resources and third-party contractors and service providers, in order to meet the changing volume of customer requirements.
Come join our team in Richmond, BC today!
- Dispatch marine personnel in accordance with established guidelines, ensuring crews have the necessary instructions to perform their duties safely and effectively
- Track and report on a variety of operational metrics and requirements
- Coordinate the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency while maintaining a superior level of customer service
- Maintain effective two-way communication with Crew Scheduling, all marine personnel, customers and suppliers to perform duties effectively
- Coordinate vessel supplies such as fuel, ship’s store and groceries
- Ensure cargo shipments are prioritized to meet the customer's shipping requirements and on time delivery schedules, communicating all changes as required
- Track service failures and bring them to the attention of management
- Coordinate emergent vessel repairs with the vessel maintenance staff
- Participate in the emergency response team for reporting and logistical support
- Participate in operational meetings, safety meetings and planning sessions
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of dispatch experience
- Background in local marine operations (either on vessel or shoreside), or in transportation and logistics
- Familiarity with Transport Canada and other maritime regulations preferred
- Strong computer skills across a variety of planning and user software including MS Office and Excel
- Strong relationship development skills & ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to constant change
- Strong written and oral communication skills and superior customer service orientation
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to follow instructions, and work with minimal supervision while setting priorities and managing
- Flexible scheduling, including week-on and week off schedule
- Responsibility for on-call duties during scheduled week on
- Ability to meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 10, 2019
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada