You are interested in a Field Managers role guiding a group of field-based technicians. You utilize past telecommunications experience in the field to manage the day to day performance of your team. You continually mentor technicians and guide the team in achieving a first-class approach to customer service.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Calgary, AB Today!
- Provides superior customer service. Responds to any and all escalations regarding and deficiency in our installations. Resolution of dispatch issues/ open tickets etc.
- Coaching, assisting and enabling training of SMB technicians
- Maintains company standards in regards to quality protocols
- Regular field inspections and follow up with staff in regards to quality of work orders completed
- Act on end customer complaints, deal with issues and resolve in a quick and efficient manner. Help turn them into an opportunity
- Work with Client to grow the SMB business
- Ensure employees workloads are balanced in coordination with Dispatch.
- Ensure Health & Safety compliance as per the Labour Code. Conduct Safety Inspections and meetings on a monthly basis
- Performance Management through coaching and counseling
- Conduct monthly scorecard and performance reviews for all team members
- Responsible for meeting critical and key performance targets for your team
- Manpower planning and scheduling. Analyze downtime, process, labor, and provide solutions
- Ensure regional financial results meet target or exceed budget expectations.
- Accurate inventory counts. Ensuring technicians are provided with tools necessary to complete tasks
- Ordering of equipment on an as needed basis
- Conduct semi-annual inspections of Company Vehicles
- Identifies issues and appropriate courses of action
- Other duties as assigned including coordination of inside wiring, reviewing quotations, inspecting inside wiring – such as the RDT project
- Minimum 3 years of experience in telecommunications including copper and GPON technology or in a related area in a leadership role
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Proven ability to plan and organize workloads and work with multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, including OSP, Installation and Repair and Network.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Customer service orientation and ability to develop relationships with our business counterparts.
- Previous experience working in the field independently.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making skills, self-motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction.
- A strong technical aptitude
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
- Evening and weekend work is required from time to time
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Dec 12, 2019
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada