Ledcor's Technical Services is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the Safety Coordinator position to be based in London, Ontario but covering the Brantford – Cambridge corridor for our expanding operations.
Ledcor Technical Services is a leader in providing telecommunication support services across North America. We specialize in providing maintenance, engineering and emergency restoration support to major telecommunication carriers across Canada and the USA.
You will provide expert advice independently or with minimal direction/guidance, providing management support and assisting operations staff to achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. You will be both a direct manager on health and safety on worksites, and act as a resource to line supervisors to assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities.
Join our Ledcor team in London, Ontario today!
- Conducts inspections of the work area and meet with supervisors to discuss any potential problems: help to ensure the adequate supply of safety equipment, such as protective equipment, fire extinguishers, respirators, etc., monitor environmental hazards, such as excessive noise, toxic agents, etc.
- Provides Supervisors and employees with services and advice on safety, health and environment issues, conducts site safety orientation for new employees, coordinates and train the site rescue team
- Able to be assertive and speak with confidence
- Participates with the Safety Lead and other Project Safety Coordinators in the development, revision and implementation of procedures, standards, rules and regulations. Assists the Supervisors to implement programs
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with Client, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Verifies that work instructions (safe work procedures, job hazard analysis) are current and updated as the scope changes, responsible for “look ahead” mentality to eliminate risks
- Assists in the investigation of incidents for cause identification and recommends corrective action, engages fully in a lessons learned - continuous improvement process within the area of influence
- Monitors and reports on the overall effectiveness of the safety program.
- Audits the quality of the field level hazard assessment cards and incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness
- Helps Operations prepare site specific material for safety meetings and tool box talks
- 2-5 years of related work experience in construction or telecommunications safety role. Strong consideration would be given to candidates with Telecom experience
- NCSO preferred or working towards it
- Must have a clean drivers’ abstract
- Possess valid First Aid and CPR
- Has developed technical knowledge of common construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Experience in executing a health & safety strategy
- Experience in conducting Health & safety orientations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Experience in root cause analysis
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Oct 28, 2019
310 Neptune Crescent, London, ON, Canada