You are a Horizontal Directional Drill Operator with industry construction experience. You have knowledge of current construction work safe practices. In this role, you will assist in building telecommunications networks. You will also be responsible for performing directional boring around and/or on utilities for fiber installation projects. This position requires 100% travel and provides opportunity for a diverse career path and longevity with an industry leading telecommunications company.
Join Ledcor Technical Services Today!
- Operate HDD equipment in accordance with company and industry standards
- Maintains company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Experience working on right of ways in winter conditions
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Install conduit, vaults, cable etc. i.e. doing labor work when not operating equipment
- Maintain all equipment in good and safe working condition and report any findings to lead hand
- Take active role in Ledcor’s health and safety program
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 years’ experience locating for a directional drill
- Up to 100% travel necessary for this position
- Previous experience as HDD Rig Operator is a plus
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid "A" Driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Strong knowledge of construction documents
- Must be able to track and communicate daily production and materials
- Must be capable of handling logistics and crew assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 7, 2019
7105 Auburn Road, Milton, ON, Canada