You are an experienced marketing and communications professional looking for your next dynamic opportunity to exert a positive influence across a diversified business, embedded within an established and reputable company. As the Employee Communications Specialist dedicated to Ledcor's Constructors division in Edmonton, you will work with business leaders to develop strategies and tactics for employee-facing communications to help increase employee understanding of business-related programs and initiatives, linking employee actions to business goals.
You enjoy working collaboratively with a team. You understand how to manage the details of a project to deliver communications in the most effective way to an audience. As part of Ledcor’s Employee Communications function which sits within HR, your experience in employee communications is an asset. In collaboration with Ledcor’s broader communications team, you would promote Ledcor's True Blue culture by creating compelling content that engages and inspires employees in support of the company's vision.
Ledcor’s Constructors division is focused on heavy civil and industrial construction, mining and maintenance activities with a focus on the energy sector throughout Canada and the US. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a division that proudly offers turnkey solutions to oil and gas clients and has built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
If you are experienced working with teams to develop communication solutions that drive a company’s business objectives – we want to hear from you! Join our team as Employee Communications Specialist!
You would develop and execute communication plans in support of business objectives – using a variety of tactics – to increase employee engagement with Constructors’ business goals. Responsibilities include planning, drafting and delivering communications to the Constructors division, and recommending and applying the latest technologies and tools to engage our workforce.
As Employee Communications Specialist, you will:
- Support employee communication initiatives from strategic concept through execution and detailed production, using a structured communication planning approach to ensure objectives and outcomes are clearly defined.
- Research innovative ways to use technology and apps to reach all segments of the Constructors workforce. Post and disseminate approved communication content to target audiences.
- Using a creative marketing approach, act as resource to Constructors leaders when rolling out town halls, new programs and other key internal initiatives.
- Provide guidance on developing communication plans in support of business objectives, with a variety of tactics, to encourage greater employee engagement and retention.
- Build and drive content, including sourcing/writing/editing for internal use, to ensure content is specific to intended audience groups.
- Ensures all communications are focused on maintaining and strengthening Ledcor’s culture by ensuring strategic fit and appropriate tone and messaging.
- Assist with the sourcing and creation of video content for communication and training. Work with the Adobe suite of design software.
- Solicit feedback from the Constructors business community through surveys and other interaction to measure effectiveness of communication. Revise communication plans based on feedback to keep them relevant and effective.
- May perform other duties as required to support Constructors and the enterprise-wide Employee Communications function.
- 15-35% travel (depending on location of role) within North America is required
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years communications experience. Experience working in an employee communication role is a plus.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills. You easily build relationships both in person and over the phone.
- You’ve developed communications strategies and implemented tactics to drive business objectives and support company culture
- You’re an exceptional writer and have demonstrated ability to deliver professional, engaging and impactful messages through a variety of media.
- You have expert knowledge of MS Office and an aptitude for learning various computer systems. A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset.
- You are self-directed, admired for your planning, organizational and detail-oriented skill set, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You are a true team player. You collaborate, work well within team projects and can lead a project to satisfactory completion.
- You are customer-focused: You model integrity, respect, sincerity, diplomacy, empathy and optimism.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 18, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada