You are an Engineer-In-Training or Professional Engineer with experience working in pipeline construction. As the Project Coordinator you will provide support and assist operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Jasper!
- Set up and maintains systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site office, master filing system, project billings and cost accounting system, and project directory
- Perform general administrative and record keeping functions including review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Support the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, assisting with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manage the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data, and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, assists with the creation of the project schedule, inputs and updates schedule throughout the project, and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Facilitate the review and distribution of drawings and maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades, and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements, collecting warranties and O&M manuals, creating turnover documents, and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- 3+ years of mainline pipeline project coordination experience
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Able to read and understand construction documents as well as knowledge of project set up, subcontract management, change orders, RFI's, lien holdbacks and closeout
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to respond to project stakeholder requests in typical situations, anticipate client needs, and proactively identify solutions to nonstandard task/queries
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Site based position -15 days on 6 days off, 12 hours per day
- LOA and/ or accommodations and per diem
- Remote locations
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 22, 2019
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada