As Project Director you will play a key role in the delivery of landmark civil infrastructure projects across British Columbia. You are highly experienced project delivery expert with at least 15 years of relevant experience working for a general contractor on interchange projects in North America. You have a track record of successfully executing design build projects in the infrastructure market. You believe in building trust with all of those with whom work and you a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, & types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price)
- Completion of post secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- Project experience on bridge and highway interchange projects will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience managing design build infrastructure projects is required.
- 15 years+ related work experience is required
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGBC is an asset.
- Experience working for a self-performing general contractor in Canada is required
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 30, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada