As Project Director you will play a key role in the delivery of landmark civil infrastructure projects across British Columbia. You are highly experienced project delivery expert with at least 15 years of relevant experience working for a general contractor on interchange projects in North America. You have a track record of successfully executing design build projects in the infrastructure market. You believe in building trust with all of those with whom work and you a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, & types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price)
- Completion of post secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- Project experience on bridge and highway interchange projects will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience managing design build infrastructure projects is required.
- 15 years+ related work experience is required
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGBC is an asset.
- Experience working for a self-performing general contractor in Canada is required
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Staying safe who we are. Find out more about our safety culture by watching our True Blue video featuring Shay.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 14, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada