You are a Journeyperson Crane Operator seeking a great wage, extensive benefits, and a company who prides themselves on safety. You have previously worked alongside crews within an earth works environment and are looking for an opportunity to be home at the end of each work day. You’re a team player who is willing to lend a hand whenever assistance is required to get the job done.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team today!
- Operates a > 74 ton crane, manipulates a number of pedals and levers to rotate the crane, raise and lower its boom for one or more load lines
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Perform test lifts and load chart calculations
- Communicates with assigned crews to determine the best placement of crane for planned lifts
- Fill out and understand an equipment log book
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyman Mobile Crane Operator ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must be ticketed and possess a BC Crane operation designation through BC Crane Safety
- Must have previous experience working in a Civil/ Earth Works setting
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ledcor requires possession of CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems). Successful candidates without it will be set up with the appropriate training required.
- Valid Driver’s License and 3 Year Driver’s Abstract (within 30 days) required
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day/night
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions and in an environmentally sensitive area
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast—as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now
Nov 2, 2019
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada