You are an experienced Estimator with an electrical background. You will be responsible for preparing the estimate package in relation to quantity take offs, sub trade solicitation, preparing budgets, cost studies, and competitive bid comparisons.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Produces quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate as directed, while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Develops complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Develops the schedule on which the estimate is built based, requests input from the project team and the various trades required
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractors within a database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements.
- Provides technical training to subordinates
- Is actively aware of costs related to own work and associated projects, provides input to the estimating team on all financial cost matters
- Reviews bid / tender documents and assesses potential risk
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of post secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
- 4-10 years estimating experience.
- Has developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness. Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule. .
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and related estimating software.
- Has acquired the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to identify problems/issues, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates possible solutions.
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations.
- Willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 25, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada