You’re a seasoned Project Manager with over 8 years of experience working in multi-disciplinary large-scale high-rise residential and complex commercial construction projects. You will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope.
If you are interested in leading exciting construction projects and mentoring a diverse team of professionals, join the Ledcor Building team in Edmonton, AB.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- 8+ years of construction experience as a Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role on large-scale high-rise residential construction projects
- Extensive experience on residential high-rise will be highly regarded
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating and coaching; skilled in facilitation, mentoring and conflict resolution
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Site and Office based role
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 20, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada