You are an experienced Employee Relations professional, responsible for creating and maintaining an employment relations environment that supports business improvement and manages the risk of employment related issues at Ledcor. This includes strategy development and execution, planning and facilitation of all employee relations efforts enterprise wide.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company’s future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team.
This position can be based out of Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB.
Join the HR team at Ledcor as Employee Relations Specialist!
- Develops and executes business employment relations strategy, in consultation with internal stakeholders
- Provides leadership, guidance and coaching to managers, supervisors and HR colleagues on a variety of employee relations related issues to ensure effective, legally compliant resolutions are established efficiently within company guidelines
- Provides interpretation and counsel to managers, supervisors and HR colleagues on HR policies, procedures, regulatory or legal requirements, or changes to existing laws
- Develops, reviews and implements programs, policies, procedures, and tools to effectively manage employee relations matters
- Manages and finds solutions on employee relations issues escalated from the Service Centre
- Acts as the Company’s Ethics Officer and reviews and escalates reported conflicts of interest for board approval where necessary. Manages employment complaints hotline, including investigating and responding to employment complaints
- Oversees employment investigations in partnership with the HR Business Partner team, to ensure appropriate planning, documentation, and recommendations for corrective actions are provided
- Responsible for the application and management of all averaging agreements and partners with the Total Rewards CoE on defining the terms of the agreements
- Partners with the Total Rewards CoE to design, implement and maintain programs relating to employee compensation, eligibility for benefits, pay equity and governmental EI schemes.
- Operates as the Company’s Privacy Officer to provide ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy program (including privacy requests) to ensure the organization is positioned to meet legal obligations. Leads investigations and resolution recommendations for any privacy breaches
- Provides employment relations support in merger & acquisition and divestiture processes and creates and maintains tools to support these processes
- Consults with external legal counsel as required regarding employee issues, legislation and other applicable employee relations issues as required
- Responsible for overseeing the management, auditing and reporting of all compliance programs
- Partner with the Talent CoE to implement employment equity and inclusion & diversity programs
- Works collaboratively with other HR team members including Business HR, the Service Centre and Communities of Expertise (including Industrial Relations)
- Works with HS&E on their programs where an employee breach may have employment implications, such as the Drug and Alcohol Program. Collaborates with HS&E on policies and procedures which are governed by both human rights and health and safety legislation.
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Degree (or diploma) with a focus in human resources management or educational equivalent; CHRP an asset. A law degree or training would be strong asset.
- More than 8 years of solid, complex and professional-level generalist human resources experience (i.e. as a HR Advisor, Consultant and/or Business Partner); which includes experience working with business leaders in a consultative capacity and advising on a variety of employee relations issues
- Experience supporting business units across multiple provinces, states and jurisdictions with a thorough understanding of the variances in employment laws and requirements
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills
- Proven influencer with the ability to provide guidance and direction to business clients, and develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working with and across multiple functional areas of HR and operations
- Proactive, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, which demands a high level of energy and commitment
- Excellent customer service focus and team player
- Ability to handle high volume with multiple competing priorities
- Highly proficient in all areas of Canadian and provincial employment law and human rights legislation; familiarity with United States employment law is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Must possess tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Interest in personal development and keeping current in human resource practices through external resources and building an external HR network
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 13, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada