You are a safety focused individual seeking a company to start your career that offers opportunity for advancement within a production environment. Ledcor’s Cant Mill offers local work, a team oriented environment and a management team that supports growth and development and fosters a positive company culture. While the labour position will begin on a graveyard shift should you progress to production roles there will be the opportunity to work day and afternoon shift.
Join the Ledcor Resources & Transportation team in Chilliwack, BC to start your career in the forestry industry!
- Perform tasks on the labour crew to support the forestry operation
- Perform extensive and repetitive heavy lifting and physical labour
- Complete overall tasks related to sawmill cleanup
- Communicating with other employees in sawmill production regarding current requirements
- Meet productivity goals in a safe and consistent manner
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Entry level opportunity with potential to move into production roles and further career development
- Must be capable of heavy lifting
- Must be able to safely utilize stairs and ladders
- Ability to prioritize and respond to challenges faced in sawmill production
- Must be organized, an effective communicator, quick and accurate thinker and detail orientated in all aspects of the job
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- $21.01 - $23.34 per hour
- This is a site based position
- Working 8 hours per day starting with the graveyard shift from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Please note the Mill is a 24-7 operation
- Applicants must be available to work morning, afternoon or graveyard shifts
- Work will be performed outdoors in various weather conditions
- Competitive benefits and potential for incentive programs
- Successful candidates must have reliable transportation to site
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Apr 15, 2020
42255 Arnold Road, Chilliwack, BC, Canada