You are an experienced HS&E Manager responsible for facilitating the work activities of HS&E teams. You are an open-minded, self-aware individual who strives to understand yourself and others. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects. This position is based either at one of Ledcor’s major corporate offices, at a major site or in a region close to multiple sites.
Come join the Ledcor team in Milton, ON today!
- Enables and facilitates project site(s) HS&E teams
- Manages a small team of coordinators
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project site(s)
- Recommends/advises to senior HS&E management on programs and tactics to enhance the HS&E culture, capability and performance within the team and helps to set their priorities
- Recommends to senior management on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs for their region or site(s)
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Plans HS&E team work activities with site operations supervisors
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised - may need to fill in for cross shift or HS&E people shortages.
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Participates (with Operations) in the evaluation and selection - staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for HS&E P level positions
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long term HS&E objectives
- Sets objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their site(s)
- 10+ year's relevant industry Health and Safety experience
- At least 4-5 years in a Management role
- Degree in OH&S or related discipline preferred
- Pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation
- Technical / functional expertise is HS&E related within Telecommunications industry
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to the equitable treatment of all people with respect to employment and services. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in a way that respects their dignity and independence by removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Safety is an integral part of our job; we think safety and work safely by caring for each other. Learn more about the safety culture at Ledcor by watching this video.
Nov 19, 2019
7105 Auburn Road, Milton, ON, Canada