Our client in the Fort McMurray area is looking for an experienced One-Call Technician who could also support the client facility with low-risk routine maintenance work.
The successful applicant will report directly to a client supervisor and work with them daily to ensure that all client requirements are met. This individual could also work with a secondary client manager for facility based routine maintenance work.
- Locate underground facilities for oilfield, residential and commercial projects which includes - marking utility lines using spray paint or colored flags
- Prepare and complete required paperwork (e.g. work tickets, HS&E documentation, and other required paperwork)
- With client approval, Interpret and process One-Call tickets and follow through to ensure ticket closure, (normal, short notice, emergency)
- Act as a point-of-contact for incoming requests to locate pipelines and prioritize incoming requests
- Log pertinent information and prepare data for use in the field and forward requests to the appropriate personnel
- Consults maps, files, GIS (Geographic Facility Information System), and other applicable software to verify contractors' line locations
- Acts as liaison to Field Operations, One Call Centers in other companies or subsidiaries, and departments
- Generate data reports as needed and help maintain and update client data system
- Must be willing to help with Maintenance related activities when time permits (e.g. gas samples, sweeping, monthly inspections, light facility repairs, etc)
- Maintain effective communication between multiple groups as time may be split between multiple managers
- Suggests process improvements to further enhance safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction and demonstrates strong teamwork
- Other tasks as required
- Customer service driven and proven ability to see an issue through to the end
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate for a mutual solution through difficult issues
- Overall handiness as much of your time will also involve working with small tools around the facility
- Understand the importance of regulatory requirements and the need to meet them
- Supreme ability to stay organized and multi-task across multiple priorities
- Ability to comprehend and interpret data received via One-Call Tickets
- Computer experience required – must possess the PC skills and experience to navigate various Windows-based software and mainframe system. SAP experience is preferred.
- Ability to accurately interpret geographic media, i.e. maps both paper and electronic;
- Must be willing to partake in an on-call rotation and/or respond to business needs outside of standard business hours.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with line locating specific training is required
- Basic Computer knowledge is required
- Previous Mapping and GPS experience preferred
- Previous labour experience preferred
- A thorough understanding of line locating theory and practices and proficient skills with locating equipment , 5 years or more of related experience is preferred.
- A member of CAPULC (Canadian Association of Pipeline and Utility Location Contractors) is preferred
- Class 5 License with clean driving abstract, First Aid Level C, TDG, WHMIS.
- Rotational shift will be assigned. Must be willing to walk long distances over uneven ground in remote areas in all weather conditions.
- Driving to and from site as well as operating UTVs & ATVs safely.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment; Self-motivated and able to work with little or no direct supervision;
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jan 6, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada