As a Field Engineer you'll be working on the Lower Mainland section of the Trans Mountain Expansion project. You will play a key role in executing a diverse range of heavy civil scopes. You have a background that includes working on large resources or infrastructure project. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions. This opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project. This is a site based position, working 10 hour days.
Come join our True Blue team in Greater Vancouver!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up, creates and maintains the project directory
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline. Civil Engineering qualifications and experience preferred
- Professional experience in the following areas will be highly regarded; Earthworks scopes, Project Controls, Municipal Permitting and Pipeline construction.
- 2+ years of previous Canadian work experience on heavy civil projects working for a self performing contractor is required
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of general construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
TRUE BLUE is who we are. Learn more about life at Ledcor by watching our True Blue video.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 19, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada