As a Field Engineer working on this high-profile project in Vancouver. You will play a key role in executing a diverse range of heavy civil scopes. Having a background working on large resources or infrastructure project, this role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with several years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up, creates and maintains the project directory
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- Civil Engineering qualifications and experience will be highly regarded
- Professional experience in the following areas will be highly regarded; Earthworks scopes, Project Controls, Municipal Permitting and Pipeline construction.
- 2+ years of previous Canadian work experience on heavy civil projects working for a self performing contractor is required
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations
- Site based position - 10 hours per day
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 27, 2019
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada