This role will see you play a key role in the delivery of Canada's largest resource infrastructure project. You are a Project Engineer who has substantial experience working for a heavy civil general contractor. You will be given the chance to be involved this landmark construction project from the start.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: project controls, project billing and the cost accounting system, creates and maintains the project directory, job site trailer/office set up and master filing system
- Leads the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval
- Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Completion of post secondary education in Engineering, Civil and Mining preferred
- 7 years + related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA is an asset
- An expert with Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred
- Experience and familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices in a general contracting environment
- Experience with commercial projects with project values in the multi-million dollar range
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Site based position - 10 hours per day
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 19, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada