As a Finishing superintendent, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day supervision and coordination of the interior finishing to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget primarily on multi-story projects; You are able to work independently or with direction from the team, implement project plans and schedules, ensuring site safety and quality control, and are able to effectively delegate work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa, ON.
- Assist the lead Project Superintendent with the execution of the interior finishes in accordance with Contract documents, sub-contracts/agreements, plans, specifications and shop drawings including coordination and execution of changes to the work
- Daily supervision and coordination of the interior finishing sub-trades
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Reviews, maintains, and updates the construction schedule in conjunction with project team and ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently, and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Participates in project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Superintendent and 7+ as Finishing Superintendent
- Have a thorough understanding of both high-rise and low-rise residential and commercial projects
- Great relationship with finishing sub trades, material suppliers and vendors locally
- Coordinate with the Project Superintendent to plan and manage the project schedule.
- Must have good customer service experience and able to conduct PDI's and have strong knowledge of Tarion
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high paced environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Have strong budgeting and scheduling skills and aptitude with scheduling software and project management software is a must
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Ledcor is committed to the equitable treatment of all people with respect to employment and services. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in a way that respects their dignity and independence by removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 27, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada