You are an experienced Sideboom Operator with experience in the Oil & Gas industry. You will be directly responsible for the safe operation of sidebooms in crowded, fast-paced working environments. This is a camp-based opportunity working a 14/14 compressed shift rotation schedule.
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Operate PL-87 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and winter operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience operating sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation) certificate
- Must possess valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment
- This is a camp-based position with flights provided from Edmonton or Calgary
- 14/14 shift rotation working 12 hours per day
- Compressed work with 8 hours overtime per shift
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Site Services builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jan 9, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada