As a Field Technician you will be part of a fast-paced customer focused culture that provides the opportunity to work in a self-managed work environment, by performing installations and repairs of telecommunications services.
Our employees are energized and excited to be able to work within a high-performance culture that is committed to supporting the roll-out of Canada’s next generation telecommunications infrastructure.
You are dedicated to positively impacting the experience of every customer. From how you deliver exceptional service by exceeding their expectations through authenticity, attentiveness to their needs and quality of workmanship.
You will have the opportunity to participate in our industry leading technical, customer experience and workmanship training program. This is an intensive program that equips you with the skills and tools you require to be successful at Ledcor.
To be a part of the Ledcor Team means more than just a job, it means being a-part of a family of supportive teammates, mentors and managers who are committed to being better every single day.
- Receives and completes work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that service is delivered within the scheduled appointment time
- Operates equipment and company vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s safety program
- Interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Provides a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Troubleshoots technical issues
- Traces and locates appropriate telecommunications links
- Proficient with a laptop, smart phone and various software applications
- Ensures vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop a full understanding and personal commitment towards our non-negotiable safety culture
- Must be able to work at heights with a ladder and or other climbing devices (training provided)
- Self-motivated with ability to problem solve while working under pressure Demonstrated technical abilities; electrical or telecommunication background is an asset
- Strong organization & communication skills
- Focus on efficiency without compromising safety and quality
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to successfully complete a Functional Fitness Evaluation which includes being able to meet the physical requirements (bending, climbing, lifting etc) of the position which involves be able to lift 75 pounds and maneuvering a ladder
- Must look to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Attitude towards excellence
- Ability to work evenings, weekends & holidays
- As part of regular duties you will be required to drive to communities outside of your assigned region
- Travel to various communities across Alberta and BC will be required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Dec 19, 2019
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada