You are a Health and Safety Leader who has extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, industrial construction environment. As Senior HSE Manager you will be an experienced health and safety professional with a demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and facilitate the implementation of HS&E programs within a complex matrix of external clients, internal business groups and joint venture partnerships. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching, directing and supervising a growing team of HS&E professionals in support of the project leadership team’s goals and objectives.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Ensures appropriate HS&E staffing for the business both in number and skill level/skill mix
- Works with and supports operations to achieve planned HS&E results and provides HS&E technical guidance to employees at all levels
- Works with field operations and other support staff to ensure efficient and effective integration of HS&E in to business management
- Applies HS&E and general management expertise to improve effectiveness of HS&E program and provide guidance to employees in their business unit
- Establishes a continuous improvement approach to HS&E development - both new programs, and effectiveness of existing programs
- Interprets business issues and adapts HS&E work priorities in own area
- Works closely with business unit and HS&E senior management on the development and implementation of HS&E processes, ensures they are aligned with Ledcor HS&E program and helps projects to achieve industry leading HS&E performance
- Resolves HS&E issues through immediate actions or short-term planning (aligned with long term goals) and sets priorities to ensure tasks completion
- Develops, plans and coordinates the hiring and development of HS&E resources
- Explains difficult HS&E concepts, persuades others to adopt a point of view and explains how HS&E and operations objectives are aligned and mutually supportive
- Identifies, develops and ensures implementation of HS&E programs or alignment of Ledcor’s HS&E programs to meet or exceed client requirements on a business unit or regional level
- Manages performance of HS&E employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, development discussions, constructing effective development plans and helping employees execute themBuilds an environment that supports cooperation and cohesiveness among the work team and with other functional areas within the organization
- Helps guide Ledcor relationship with clients, related to HS&E
- 10 years of progressive experience in HS&E leadership with at least 5 of those years in a supervisor or managerial role
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline is preferred
- Canadian Registered Safety professional (CRSP) designation or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation would be considered an asset
- Able to influence stakeholders and operational leaders through consensus and engagement, driving toward business objectives
- Results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset and experience in project and change management
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without authority enabling you to inspire teamwork, confidence and cooperation
- Experience in developing & implementing HS&E Action Plans, and HS&E program/practice management and validation
- Possesses a high level of expertise in incident investigation, has exposure to various investigation disciplines (SCAT, TapRoot) and has experience establishing measurable and sustainable actions plans for continuous improvement
- Must have strong business acumen and technical/functional HS&E expertise coupled with clear and concise communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Experience establishing short/mid-term work plans and optimizing resources to ensure HS&E objectives (e.g., aligned with productivity, quality, costs) are consistently met
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jan 27, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada