The Ledcor-Haisla Limited Partnership (LHLP) is seeking an HS&E Manager for the duration of a multi-year LNG project in Kitimat, British Columbia.
As project HS&E Manager you will be an experienced health and safety professional with a demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and facilitate the implementation of HS&E programs within a complex matrix of external clients, internal business groups and joint venture partnerships. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching, directing and supervising a growing team of HS&E professionals in support of the project leadership team’s goals and objectives.
You will have a strong background in meeting target objectives; delivering consistent and reliable communications to internal and external clients and will be highly comfortable engaging project leadership in driving continuous improvement.
- Leads the successful implementation of the LHLP HS&E program for all active projects.
- Provides oversight and coordination of all project specific safety execution plan implementation for internal business groups, subcontractors and external clients to ensure consistency in overall HS&E program execution.
- Works closely with operations and project leadership personnel to establish strategies required to implement HS&E initiatives that enhance the HS&E culture on the project.
- Collaborates with client project and HS&E leadership to ensure HS&E expectations are understood and applied to field execution activities.
- Acts as a primary stakeholder and works closely with project and construction leadership on subcontractor management.
- Responsible for the selection and evaluation of staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for all HS&E team members.
- Sets clear expectations on daily/ weekly/ shift deliverables for HS&E team members within their area responsibility.
- Stewards the implementation of project environmental plans and provides support to environmental specialists as required.
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes.
- Enables and supports project management and field supervision in meeting their short-term and long-term HS&E objectives.
- Provides guidance and oversight on all incident investigations, injury management and employee return to work programs.
- 10 years’ experience in HS&E with 5+ years in a managerial level role with extensive time spent overseeing large capital projects ranging from heavy civil and early works, bridges and foundations to industrial and vertical major expansion facility construction.
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline is preferred.
- Must have an active Canadian Registered Safety professional (CRSP) designation.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership ability guiding and developing HS&E professionals at varying career and experience levels.
- Is an active leader in stewarding HS&E processes and programs towards exceeding HS&E business and project goals.
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HS&E program and practices, health and safety regulations, and proactive safety activities and programs.
- Able to influence work planning and execution by project and construction personnel as it relates to achieving HS&E objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and sees them as challenges to overcome.
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers and acts with customers in mind.
- Possesses a high level of expertise in incident investigation, has exposure to various investigation disciplines (SCAT, TapRoot) and has experience establishing measurable and sustainable actions plans for continuous improvement.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license.
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Project site-based role in Kitimat, British Columbia.
- 14 and 7 shift-based rotation, camp and travel provided.
- The project will maintain a 24/7 continuous work cycle and occasional on-call support may be required from all project leadership personnel.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 13, 2020
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada