As a Flight Coordinator - Dispatcher, you will be part of our dynamic Flight Operational Control Center. You will oversee the administrative scheduling and dispatching of all Summit aircraft, ensuring that all aspects of the flights are in accordance with company procedures, planning and monitoring throughout all flight phases.
Compensation is competitive with scheduled increases on a bi-annual basis. Gain valuable training and experience with Summit Air in Yellowknife, NT as we take off in Alberta and the North!
- Flight follow and monitor progress of each flight from initial departure, intermediate stops, to final destination, or until flight watch has transferred to another flight follower
- Confirm flight itinerary with clients for the following day, and update any trip information as required; create trip sheets and charter packages as required
- Collect weather and runway conditions for Flight Crew and Flight Operations management, reporting changes as required; monitor and relay as requested or when significant changes occur
- Provide consistent customer contact confirming trips and flight details, ensuring customer requirements are met, including updates on flight status and scheduling trips
- Ensure all relevant pre and post flight information is entered into the Flight Operations Systems (FOS), along with relevant airport, customer, aircraft, contact, and regulatory information
- Review Operational Flight Plans, load sheets, and Dangerous Goods for completeness and accuracy. Distribute as appropriate to crew, clients, flight operations or dispatch
- Brief flight crews and ground operations on upcoming trip schedule, send out crew briefs, and follow up with crew on assignments
- Liaise with Charter Sales team for client requests, or operational issues effecting customer service; coordinate hotel, parking, catering or special requests for upcoming trips as required
- Coordinate Irregular Operations (IROPS) actions, including delaying or cancelling flights, client contact, crew coordination, FBO requirements, etc. and communicate both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance with aircraft reconfigurations, review aircraft serviceability sheets, and maintenance sign-offs relating to flight schedule
- Manage department credit card log and reconciliation; run or review reports as requested
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Valid Air Operator Radio License considered an asset
- Transport Canada Flight Dispatch Generic Exams an asset
- Proven customer service focus, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Northern experience an asset
- Successful applicants must complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT
- Shift work including evenings and weekends will be required
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Nov 29, 2019
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada