You will have principle responsibility for the successful delivery of a substantial package of this landmark resource infrastructure project. Having extensive exposure in the heavy civil market. This role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with several years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Manage field operations
- Ensures construction operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client and regulatory requirements. Ensures project meets budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a regular basis and participates in project reviews and forecasting
- Analyzes technical construction issues and develops solutions to address issues.
- Coordinates all resource requirements for projects including personnel, equipment, materials, etc
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force
- Facilitates the recruitment process by partnering with the Recruitment group. Supervises personnel and addresses staff development requirements including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Ensures that projects are constructed with efficiency related to labour, equipment and materials and with high quality standards
- Fully understands all contractual obligations
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by Ledcor, the owner, Workers’ Compensation Board / WorkSafe BC, or any other authorities
- Works with the project team to ensure that all requirements as identified in the contract are being conducted as per plans and specifications to ensure integrity and reports unusual findings to Project Manager
- Understands project scope to provide foresight and vision on future project works and to be able to provide 2 to 3 week look ahead schedules for review and execution by the project team
- Oversees the hiring and management hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Diploma in Construction Management from an accredited technical institution or an Engineering Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15-20 years related construction management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen; results oriented
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Ability to look ahead and identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Site based role - 10 hours per day
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jan 31, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada