You are an experienced pipeline construction professional with a background in delivering large bore mainline construction projects in North America. This is your opportunity to develop your career with an industry leading organization. As the Senior Project Engineer, you will work closely with the Project Manager to successfully deliver this landmark project. You will be required to think on your feet, mentor more junior project team members and communicate with various audiences including front line staff and operational leadership.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation when required
- Ensure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Inspect and assist with the compilation of records for each test conducted to ensure it is conducted in accordance with applicable codes
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings, pipe records, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Project Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications which may result from design changes
- 10+ years related work experience
- Completion of post-secondary engineering education in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Experience and familiarity with Pipeline construction methodology and practices is required
- Able to read, understand, and interpret engineering documents
- Exceptional communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 29, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada