You are an experienced highway maintenance leader with highway maintenance or roadbuilding experience. Leading Ledcor’s Highway maintenance operations, you will be responsible for timely and consistent maintenance of highways and secondary roads within Alberta. Ensuring all maintenance operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner is also a key responsibility.
Join Ledcor’s Highway team today!
- Ensures highway maintenance operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures service contracts meets budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a continuous basis.
- Manages and coordinates all resource requirements for maintenance work including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Ensures strict adherence to all safety programs and policies.
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, suppliers and labour force.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to field supervisions in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Supervises, coaches and develops personnel and addresses staff performance and development requirements including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs.
- Works closely with onsite supervision to ensure field personnel are fully trained and competent to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with colleagues within Ledcor’s Highway’s division and Ledcor Support Teams.
- Works with the hourly recruiting team to identify and select qualified field personnel.
- 5-10 years of experience in Highway Maintenance or Roadbuilding, with several years in a leadership capacity.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Thorough and deep knowledge of highway maintenance operational practices, processes and techniques.
- Ability to plan and manage a maintenance and service schedule.
- Understanding of highways maintenance contracts with the ability to ensure that they are complete.
- Strong understanding of cost management and budget forecasting.
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients and consultants.
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term solutions.
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
- Facilitator and mentor; moves the team forward in conflict situations
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and possess a track record of successfully managing maintenance contracts and client relationships effectively.
- Excellent computer skills will be required
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 21, 2020
8001 98 Street, Grande Prairie, AB, Canada