You have a passionate vision for safety and have a strong ability to influence change at an enterprise-wide level within a large multi-national organization. An integral part of leading a team of health and safety professionals, you will be responsible for the delivery and management of Ledcor’s Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Program. As the Director of Corporate Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E), you will report to and take strategic direction from the Vice President of Corporate HS&E
Apply today to join Ledcor’s corporate Health, Safety & Environment in Vancouver, BC!
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership on the development, implementation and enhancement of Ledcor’s HS&E Management System.
- Leads, manages and audits enterprise-wide programs that ensure employee health & safety and the protection of the environment; ensuring compliance to health, safety and environmental laws.
- Participates in corporate wide initiatives to identify and develop best practices.
- Develops risk communication, HS&E education/training programs, and other initiatives that have a positive impact on enterprise-wide HS&E programs, strategies, and culture.
- Works with Ledcor senior HS&E team to identify, develop and implement Ledcor wide change management initiatives to enhance Ledcor's safety culture.
- Leverages internal and external resources and expertise to develop focused business practices across Ledcor.
- Ensures Corporate HS&E Action Plans are aligned with Operating Groups’ objectives.
- Uses business acumen and collaboration to align the HS&E Management System to operational business needs.
- Facilitates integration and implementation of HS&E business planning and performance as it relates to all work disciplines and field/operations personnel and Operating Group strategies.
- Reports HS&E performance against established goals and provides insights into any corrective actions to the executive leadership team.
- Impact culture with Ledcor senior leaders on broad cross-functional HS&E Management System topics.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HS&E leadership with at least 5 of those years at Senior Manager leadership level.
- Degree, Diploma or Professional Certification in HS&E or equivalent; ideally with some post-secondary business education.
- Experience in developing & implementing Corporate HS&E Action Plans, and HS&E program/practice management and validation.
- Proven senior level leadership, business acumen and technical/functional HS&E expertise coupled with clear and concise communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in influencing change (gaining buy-in) as well as developing and implementing dynamic and fluid programs in a complex organization.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and operational leaders through consensus and engagement, on HS&E matters, driving toward business objectives.
- Ability to think innovatively, offering creative solutions to problems with the ability to anticipate business issues and align HS&E operational priorities.
- Experience establishing short/mid-term work plans and optimizing resources to ensure HS&E objectives (e.g., aligned with productivity, quality, costs) are consistently met
- Results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset and experience in change management ideally with some form of change management education (e.g. ProSci, Lean, Kaizen etc.)
- Exposure to managing a variety of complex projects that has demonstrated positive cultural change in business operations; ideally with some functional project management education.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without authority enable you to inspire teamwork, confidence and cooperation on our Corporate safety councils.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Dec 6, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada