You are a driven and self-motivated Apprentice Avionics AME focused on obtaining your AME license who has previous experience working on large fixed wing aircraft. Under the direction of a qualified AME, you will join our skilled team of aviation professionals at Summit Air, servicing our diverse and growing fleet.
Apply now to join the dynamic Summit Air team in Yellowknife, NT.
- Conduct maintenance on aircraft and aircraft components as directed by the Crew Chief
- Assist in maintaining aircraft electronic systems and equipment, including communications and navigation equipment
- Assist in inspecting and testing aircraft electrical and avionics related systems
- Assist in diagnosing electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Assist in the assembly and/or installation of replacement electronic components as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Report problems to the Crew Chief so action can be taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Perform various duties including engine runs and aircraft towing, as trained and authorized to do so
- Conduct hangar clean up
- Aircraft Maintenance Diploma, or relevant training
- Previous experience working with fixed wing aircraft, preferably larger turboprop or jet engine aircraft
- Must have own basic mechanics toolbox
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills
- Mechanically inclined, ability to work with your hands
- Computer knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as work independently
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Rotating shift schedule including nights & dayshift
- Toolbox shipping costs will be covered by the Company
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Dec 10, 2019
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada