As Business Relationship Manager you will play a key role in enabling business value through technology. You are able to build and maintain strong relationships throughout our Construction business line and act as the key liaison between IT and the Construction business. In this role, you will perform as a business partner to understand the current and future technology needs of the Construction business. You will also be responsible for aligning IT requests and ideas with business goals and objectives. You bridge the gap between business leaders and IT solution providers. This position is office based, and some travel to work sites and other office locations may be required.
Apply today to join our team in Vancouver.
- Define the desired business outcomes of all work requests to IT from the business. Gather high level business requirements and define scope during initial discovery
- Understand business goals, objectives and trends and link them to technology impacts. Demonstrate deep understanding of Construction business operations and technical pain points / opportunities
- Plan upcoming IT work aligned with business value and key business drivers, communicate and evaluate link between business objectives and IT priorities
- Act as an escalation point when issues arise with IT and the business. Communicate IT wins to IT and the business community
- Educate IT team members on why certain elements of work are key for the business. Team with other Business Relationship Managers within IT to share insight on work occurring throughout Ledcor and the joint business prioritization of all IT work
- Collaborate on opportunities to further Ledcor’s value from our existing technology tools investment, share ideas across business lines
- Ensure business leaders are aware of all IT service offerings and the opportunities to further utilize them
- 7 years of experience in Construction industry working on multiple operational initiatives. Participated in two or more large technology initiatives within the business focused on process and technology improvements
- Exposure to business development, estimating, subtrades, engineering, construction operations, controls, safety, quality, and project accounting
- Ability to translate business needs and requirements into technical needs and requirements
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflicts, lead requirements elicitation workshops and validate data obtained via other techniques
To learn more about our team, watch this True Blue Video.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 20, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada