You are an administrative professional seeking a fast-paced critical support role within our Marine Operations team. You are a self-starter, resourceful and able to juggle multiple priorities, you can take on a wide range of administrative responsibilities. In this role and over time, you will be learning the day to day dispatch duties which will create good career advancement opportunities.
Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC and with new opportunities on the horizon, it’s an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!
- Carries out a wide range of daily administrative and operational duties within the marine operations department such as vessel log sheets and data verification in MobileOps
- Assist Dispatchers and Crewing with their daily administration duties such as creating purchase orders, reviewing voyage plans, maintaining KPI’s, monitoring crew certification etc.
- Process owner at the Richmond office for receipt of vendor invoices, input into “Image Now” for electronic account coding, and authority matrix approvals.
- Manage vendors providing inventory and supplies to the Richmond office for vessels.
- Manage the operation, repair, and requisitioning of all office equipment.
- Prepare, edit and process correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Assemble and prepare required documentation for vessels.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Answer and manage incoming calls during office hours.
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors and external suppliers.
- Administrative project support as required.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in an office administrative position
- Experience within the marine or a related industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite and MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic accounting skills desirable, and ability to communicate with finance and accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and set task priorities.
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity; highly organized and capable of managing multiple priorities
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jan 6, 2020
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada