You are an operationally focused Project Accountant experienced in providing timely reporting, trending and analysis to project teams to support the monthly financial review process. In this role, you will also support job cost reporting.
This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity, with extended health, dental & vision benefits and paid vacation.
Apply today to join Ledcor's Finance team in Vancouver, BC!
- Preparation of accurate and timely management reporting and variance analysis
- Understand and support all aspects of the daily operations for the project including invoicing, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assists in the preparation of weekly and monthly forecasting as well as the annual budget
- Track change orders, track costs and manage associated accounts in JD Edwards
- Preparation, review and reconciliation of purchase orders
- Maintenance of JD Edwards chart of accounts and project accounting structures
- Prepare and enter journal entries as required
- Assist with process review and improvement
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Minimum of 1-3 years progressive, relevant work experience in a similar role within a complex, and dynamic organization
- Is enrolled in or in final stages of completing a Professional Accounting Designation program (CMA/CA/CGA/CPA) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform advanced functions in Excel
- Proficiency with ERP accounting systems (JD Edwards would be an asset)
- Ability to communicate in a concise and professional manner
- Ability to interact effectively in a team environment with cross-functional departments, managers and team members
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills
- Comfortable with changing deadlines and priorities
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting policies
- Operational project experience or project controls experience an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jan 13, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada