Summit Helicopters is seeking an experienced Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) to support our flight operations based in Kamloops, BC. The Person Responsible for Maintenance is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance procedures are completed according to Transport Canada, the company Maintenance Policy Manual, and the company Maintenance Control Manual. This position is responsible for all maintenance activities including production, quality assurance and stores.
- Ensures airworthiness of all aircraft prior to flight, and monitors aircraft maintenance and component repairs to ensure compliance with Transport Canada and company regulations
- Develops and applies maintenance policies and procedures, including company maintenance directives, to govern the repair of aircraft components
- Organizes, directs and oversees performance of all maintenance staff, and establishes policies to ensure ongoing professional development and mentor-ship within the team
- Manages budgetary requirements for maintenance department.
- Establishes controls and checks to assure that Transport Canada and company regulations are adhered to at all times
- Establishes Quality Assurance Program to oversee maintenance control system and all maintenance schedules, and ensures its ongoing effectiveness
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance tasks to adhere to maintenance schedules contained in the Maintenance Control Manual
- Ensures all newly acquired aircraft undergo an acceptance check by the Approved Maintenance Organization prior to operation
- Ensures completion and management of required documentation, including aircraft maintenance logs, work training records, and technical logs
- Ensures that all Flight Crew are properly qualified and trained in servicing and elementary work according to Transport Canada regulations and company standards, and in association with the Chief Pilot, ensures training records are maintained for all Flight Crew
- Submits all required reports and documents to Transport Canada for review and approval, as needed
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years of supervisory experience in aviation maintenance
- Hold a valid Canadian Passport and possess a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business management is preferred
- Possess a valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) License
- Experience with customized aviation maintenance software programs is an asset
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Business management and budgeting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all Summit Helicopter personnel
- Effective leadership and people management skills with an ability to build an environment or teamwork and collaboration
- Strong supporter of safety and quality systems and continuous improvement
Summit Helicopters, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, delivers helicopter aviation solutions with one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. Learn more at www.summithelicopters.ca
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Dec 23, 2019
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada