As a Home Solutions Technician you’ll be working at the forefront of technology and customer service. You have a passion for providing excellent customer service and the foundation skills to perform the installation and repair of fibre optic telecommunications and smart home products. Training is provided for this entry-level tech position.
Servicing mostly multi-dwelling unit customers, you maintain a high level of performance and care. Using problem solving skills and your knowledge of the “internet of things” you will provide solutions to customer enquiries and concerns.
To be a part of the Ledcor team means more than just a job, it means being a part of a family of supportive teammates, mentors and managers who are committed to being better every single day.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team today!
- Receives and completes work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that service is delivered within the scheduled appointment time.
- Operates equipment and shared company vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor’s safety programs.
- Provides home sales solutions and support, with a high level of customer service, ensuring that work orders are completed to the customers’ satisfaction and escalations or concerns are addressed professionally.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues.
- Traces and locates appropriate telecommunications links.
- As an ambassador of Ledcor, ensures professionalism in dress, vehicle cleanliness and test equipment, and tools are maintained in excellent condition.
- Develop a full understanding and personal commitment towards our non-negotiable safety culture.
- Self-motivated with ability to provide recommendations through solution-based selling
- Desire to operate in a technically diverse environment with the latest technologies
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proficient with a laptop, smart phone and various software applications.
- Focus on efficiency without compromising safety and quality
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, functional fitness evaluation and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- An attitude of excellence and a developmental mindset
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- As part of regular duties, you may be required to drive to communities outside of your assigned region.
- May travel to various communities across Alberta if needed
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Safety is an integral part of our job; we think safety and work safely by caring for each other. Learn more about the safety culture at Ledcor by watching this video.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Mar 25, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada