You are a HSE Coordinator – Student looking to gain valuable, hands-on work experience that can be applied to your studies with a company that has a strong safety culture and goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. Under direction and guidance, you will assist the Health & Safety team and work on challenging projects to meet and exceed Ledcor’s safety standards.
Join the Ledcor team in Edmonton!
- Participating, developing and delivering weekly toolbox talks
- Managing and auditing safety and training software programs
- Providing assistance maintaining written records
- Participating in work site audits and inspections with other safety professionals or construction field managers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Working towards completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Health & Safety
- Standard first aid is required, advanced first aid is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of provincial and federal OH&S requirements is an asset
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Cooperative approach to working with others to achieve team goals and objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders
- Strong organizational, planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Co-Op position lasting 15 weeks, between April and September 2020
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 3, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada