You are an experienced Piping / Mechanical Quality Inspector, who will use their professional expertise to inspect piping, welds and witness pressure tests. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of the project; this position will offer you the opportunity to develop your quality career.
Join the Ledcor team in Burnaby today!
- Perform field inspections of piping works and welding activities.
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Collaborate with Operations and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests and required documentation.
- Understand and interpret applicable contract documents, codes of construction and regulatory standards.
- Presents information clearly and in appropriate style and makes technical information clear.
- Schedules inspection and testing resources to support the requirements of operations.
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements.
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure.
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operations requirements.
- Review inspection and testing results for completeness and compliance with project requirements
- Monitors the execution of the Inspection and Test Plans
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs (Weld logs, Material Logs, etc.)
- Understands the tools and techniques used in basic cause analysis and supports operations on working through root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Provides training informal/formal on Project requirements as they relate to background of expertise
- Effectively communicates revisions to drawings, codes, and/or specifications
- Reviews, reports and acts on performance metrics.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, ASME B31.3 and industry best practices.
- 4+ years’ experience in a piping and mechanical quality inspector position is required.
- CSA 178.2 CWB Level 2 Welding Inspector certification with CSA Z662 and B31.3 endorsements.
- NACE CIP Certification would be an asset.
- API 570 Certification would be an asset.
- Strong computer background, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 14, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada