You are a Project Accountant with 3-5 years of experience completing full cycle project accounting for specified projects in a high-volume workplace. Through the application of policy, procedure, detailed work processes and best practices you will be a key member of the team driving to achieve desired financial results on Telecommunication projects. Please note that this will be a contract to permanent opportunity.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, Ontario today!
- Enters subcontractor progress payments; coordinates the collection of documentation required from subcontractors for release of payment
- Reviews and accurately completes credit applications in accordance with Ledcor policy; returns approved credit applications to vendors
- Prepares journal entries for review and entry into financial system
- Assists project staff with accurate completion of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring approvals are in accordance with Ledcor’s Authority Matrix
- Prepares budgetary and forecast analyses as required
- Ensures established processes and policies are adhered to, reporting any discrepancies to the Controller
- Understands project commercial terms & conditions to ensure the projects are following the financial terms and conditions of the contract
- Ensure cost controls are in conformance with Ledcor's policies
- Monthly control check & reconciliations
- Manages project cash flows
- Prepares billing and monitors invoice control of the projects as required
- Ensures internal control of project costing and maintains contract documents
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with AP, AR and/or subcontractor progress billings
- Experience within commercial construction, Telecom or a related industry is preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or similar large ERP is preferred
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, results oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; able to multi-task, maintain organization, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, problem solver and results oriented person
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jan 20, 2020
3930 Nashua Drive, Mississauga, ON, Canada