As a Manager, Community and Stakeholder Relations for a large construction project, you will lead the development and execution of a stakeholder and indigenous engagement plan. In this role, you will utilize your strong communication and planning skills to ensure that all stakeholder engagement initiatives are fully executed and reported on. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to have an impact on local, regional and indigenous communities, then this opportunity is for you.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Develop and deliver against a stakeholder engagement plan for all regions to ensure strategic, consistent, measurable and regular reporting of engagement with key stakeholders and communities
- Act as the key community liaison for indigenous, local and regional communities, partnering with the operations leadership, indigenous relations, training and recruitment teams
- Interface with client representatives, ensuring our commitments to the community engagement plan are being fulfilled, including regular reporting
- Accountable for tracking project hires on-boarding; such as training documentation, drug and alcohol testing and compliance tracking
- Onsite resource acting as a liaison between Recruitment and Operations teams
- Oversee the integrity of indigenous consultation processes and ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensure that indigenous contractor/employee representation meets labour market availability
- Conduct research and needs analysis of engagement initiatives; recommend and report on specific initiatives report and provide recommendations
- Organize and facilitate consultation meetings, town halls, open houses and round tables within the community
- Identify opportunities to provide community benefits through economic participation, training programs, sponsorship and donations
- Communicate effectively with business leadership regarding ongoing initiatives, upcoming events, issue escalation and other information
- Manage the escalation process by facilitating issues with key stakeholders, ensuring timely attention and resolution
- 10+ years’ experience with stakeholder relations, indigenous relations or government & public affairs with previous experience working on complex project initiatives
- University degree in Business, Communications, Government or Public Relations preferred
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to write effectively and present information to different audiences
- Proactive, self-directed and results oriented
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Apr 27, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada