You are a Utility Locator who takes pride in accurately locating underground facilities. You have experience working independently and enjoy working outdoors. This is a six-month full-time opportunity.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today in Winnipeg!
- Interprets job order tickets
- Reads blueprints and maps
- Plans travel routes between urban and rural areas
- Operates testing equipment to pinpoint the location of underground utilities
- Monitors equipment (excavators etc.) to ensure facilities are not damaged
- Creates drawings using Visio
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience locating underground facilities or working with outside plant fiber optics is an asset
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Experience with telecommunications and wiring is an asset
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with both excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Adhere to Ledcor’s strict safety practices in a “Think Safety, Work Safely” environment
- Must be a computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Truck and major tools supplied
- Occasional on-call, including some overtime and weekend and/or holiday work may be required
- Travel may be required, including overnight stays and out-of-town assignments/training
- Work environments include different types of terrain (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, in all types of weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Feb 25, 2020
510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB, Canada