You're a dynamic, motivated and results orientated Wireless Operations Manager with both technical and construction experience. You'll support projects building and maintaining wireless sites for Broadband, Microwave and Cellular providers, and working both on building wireless sites from the ground up and existing towers or rooftops for our clients.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver today!
- Responsible for all potential project estimating including regular bid walks with customers for the purpose of providing a quote to build wireless sites, microwave hops and any other wireless work.
- Acts as the main point of contact with the client / owner and protects LTS and the owner’s interest in carrying out the work. Responsible for day to day site operations.
- Manage and lead a team of Foreman, Project Managers and Engineers.
- Accountable for the dispatch and organize rigging crews and required contractors such as civil, electrical and mechanical, to complete the site on a daily basis as required.
- Responsible for all potential project estimating. Regular bid walks with potential customers for the purpose of providing a quote to build wireless sites, microwave hops and any other wireless work.
- Manage the overall site build from conception to completion.
- Required to be a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure construction operations are well organized, coordinated and comply with client requirements.
- Ensure project meets budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a continuous basis and participate in project reviews and forecasting.
- Analyze technical construction issues and develop solutions to address issues.
- Coordinates all resource requirements for projects including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force.
- Responsible for the installation / commissioning of wireless equipment and coordination of existing technicians as required.
- Ensures strict adherence to all LTS safety programs and policies.
- Build up the internal capabilities of the wireless technical workforce (recruitment, training, safety and performance management).
- Engineering or Business Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years telecommunications wireless experience and project estimating.
- Experience managing and developing teams.
- Must have a solid understanding of the nuances of wireless site builds and an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to build a cellular suite.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's and Ledcor's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Excellent leadership skills and communications skills.
- Contract negotiation / management skills.
- Knowledge of construction project costs and budgets.
- Business Development acumen.
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting.
- A self-starter with the ability to build a strong team-oriented Health and Safety conscious culture in the work site.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
May 22, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada