You are an experienced health and safety professional with a demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and facilitate the implementation of HSE programs across multiple projects/sites. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching, directing and supervising a growing team of HSE professionals in support of the project leadership team’s goals and objectives. Your leadership style is to support and inspire your team and to achieve their goals.
Join the Ledcor team in Ft. McMurray, AB today!
- Provides oversight and coordination of all project specific safety execution plan implementation for internal business groups, subcontractors and external clients to ensure consistency in overall HSE program execution.
- Works closely with operations and project leadership personnel to establish strategies required to implement HSE initiatives that enhance the HSE culture on the project.
- Collaborates with client project and HSE leadership to ensure HSE expectations are understood and applied to field execution activities.
- Acts as a primary stakeholder and works closely with project and construction leadership on subcontractor management.
- Responsible for the selection and evaluation of staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for all HSE team members.
- Sets clear expectations on daily/ weekly/ shift deliverables for HSE team members within their area responsibility.
- Stewards the implementation of project environmental plans and provides support to environmental specialists as required.
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes.
- Enables and supports project management and field supervision in meeting their short-term and long-term HSE objectives.
- Provides guidance and oversight on all incident investigations, injury management and employee return to work programs.
- 10 years’ experience in HSE with 5+ years in a leadership/supervisory level role with extensive time spent overseeing large capital projects
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline is preferred.
- Must have an active Canadian Registered Safety professional (CRSP) designation.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership ability guiding and developing HSE professionals at varying career and experience levels.
- Is an active leader in stewarding HSE processes and programs towards exceeding HSE business and project goals.
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HSE program and practices, health and safety regulations, and proactive safety activities and programs.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and sees them as challenges to overcome.
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers and acts with customers in mind.
- Possesses a high level of expertise in incident investigation, has exposure to various investigation disciplines (SCAT, TapRoot) and has experience establishing measurable and sustainable actions plans for continuous improvement.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license.
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Site based role in Ft. McMuarry, AB.
- 14 on, 7 off shift rotation, camp provided
- The project will maintain a 24/7 continuous work cycle and occasional on-call support may be required from all project leadership personnel.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 16, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada