You are a Project Accountant who will be responsible for coordinating the accurate, timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end reporting. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. This role may include staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and performance reviews. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our Ledcor team in Fort McMurray today!
- Provide reporting and information to project management & operations as required
- Supports the project management team in completing monthly cost and profitability reporting, including monthly accrual entry
- Project specific reporting and analysis for internal and external clients
- Coordinates the accounts receivable functions including the timely and accurate submittal of LEMs, Electronic Daily Billing and invoicing
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to project management
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations and records of employment through electronic HR System
- Ensures daily timesheets are collected and processed timely and accurately
- Prepares and enters Journal Entries into financial ERP system
- Other related duties as assigned
- 2+ years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Shift based remote worksite and/or local based positions may be available
- For remote worksite rotational shifts - 14/7 or 10/4 schedules are typical, travel and accommodations would be provided
- For local based positions, 14/7, 10/4 or 5/2 schedules are typical
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required
- Willingness to relocate would be an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 4, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada