You are a motivated, energetic Project Contract Administrator with 1-3 years of experience working in the fast-paced world of site-based Construction. Supporting our Ottawa construction office, you will interact with Project team members, operations staff, legal counsel and various suppliers daily to ensure contracts database management, project administration and contracts administration tasks are completed successfully.
If you are looking at a career in Contracts Administration and enjoy providing critical support to an industry leader in construction field come join the Ledcor team in Ottawa today!
- Assists operations team with the proper handling of contracts, support documentation, bid scopes for subcontractors and related files
- Administration and maintenance of contract and project documents submissions and approvals
- Ensures all documentation including all standard agreement templates are completed with each subcontractor
- Maintains subcontract templates and communicate updates or changes to operations staff through document control
- Coordinates and revises contract document changes, identifies and reports risk and errors to management
- Coordinate with subcontract managers to ensure all relevant bonding, insurances, worker compensation, and other required subcontract documents have the correct verbiage, are up to date and are valid
- Maintain log and central filing of potential changes to the prime contract as per the requirements of Ledcor’s processes and procedures
- Review and track subcontractor onboarding documents, including insurance documentation, and bonds, to ensure they are complete and meet the contractual requirements. Monitor their documentation to ensure that they do not expire while the subcontractor is still working on the project
- Ensure all subcontractor completion documentation for compliance with contract requirements prior to release of final payment
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience preferably in the Construction industry
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Engineering, Legal and or related education
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- Knowledge of construction risks and how they pertain to construction contracts
- Knowledge of subcontractor contract resolution processes
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of contract terminology, practices and concepts
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including financial reporting
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong organizational and time management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and results oriented with a willingness to contribute actively in team activities and share ideas
- Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Office and specialized accounting software
TRUE BLUE is who we are. Learn more about life at Ledcor by watching our True Blue Video
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 11, 2020
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada