You are a passionate Environmental Coordinator who is ready to play a key role in this major LNG construction project. You will perform documentation and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Plan for the LNG Canada project. The work will include working with one or more teams tasked to install environmental controls and mitigation measures to safeguard water, air, and soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities. This role is also responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment and ensuring compliance in the day to day operations of the project.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Coordinate spill response and clean up for onsite spills. Report and document spill clean up efforts for submission to the client.
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation
- Responsible for field supervision of Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed and that compliance is monitored and documented.
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring activities to coincide with construction activities
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure project personnel are aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, Best Management Practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Work with operations management and staff to ensure execution plans are within compliance with these plans
- Work with clients, subcontractors, and regulatory bodies
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/ resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representatives
- Manage site environmental inspection records and photographs, data management
- Provide liaison between the environmental team and the construction teams. Provide liaison with environmental regulatory agencies and report non-conformances
- Develop the project environmental response team and ensure implementation of measures to protect the environment as indicated in the project specifications
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Experience in the construction industry will be an asset
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental and waste legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sedimentation controls and BMP’s
- Use of GIS or equivalent mapping software will be an asset.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 18, 2020
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada